[There are different ways to pray this Chaplet, but this is my favorite, because it seems more personal and asks for graces I most need.]
Make the Sign of the Cross, saying: In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Then on the Angel medal, begin with this prayer:
O my Jesus, I offer this chaplet to Your Divine Heart, that You may render it perfect, thus giving joy to Your Holy Angels, and so they may keep me under their holy protection, above all at the hour of my death to which I invite them with all my heart. Strengthened by their presence, I will await death with joy and be preserved from the assaults of hell. I beseech you also, dear Angels, to visit immediately the souls in Purgatory, especially my parents, my friends, my benefactors; help them so that they will soon be delivered. Do not forget me either after my death. This I beg you with all my heart, through the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Amen.
On the 1st Bead pray:
St. Michael, I recommend the hour of my death to you! Hold the Evil One prisoner, so that he may not battle against me and do no harm to my soul.
On the 2nd Bead pray:
St. Gabriel, obtain for me from God lively faith, strong hope, ardent charity and great devotion to the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar.
On the 3rd Bead pray:
St. Raphael, lead me constantly on the road of virtue and perfection.
On the 4th Bead pray:
My Holy Guardian Angel, obtain for me divine inspiration and the special grace to be faithful.
Then say the prayer and Our Father on single beads and the Hail Marys on the beads in threes.
1. O ardent Seraphim, obtain for me a burning love for God! Our Father [Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name; Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.] and three Hail Marys [Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.]
2, O Cherubim brilliant with light, obtain for me true knowledge of the science of the saints! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
3. O admirable Thrones, obtain for me peace and tranquility of heart! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
4. O exulted Dominions, obtain for me victory over all evil thoughts! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
5. O invincible Powers, obtain for me strength against all evil spirits! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
6. O most serene Virtues, obtain for me obedience and perfect justice! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
7. O Principalities, who accomplish prodigies, obtain for me plenitude of all virtues and perfection! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
8. O holy Archangels, obtain for me conformity to the Will of God! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
9. O holy Angels, O faithful Guardian Angels, obtain for me true humility and great confidence in the divine mercy! Our Father, three Hail Marys.
Make the Sign of the Cross, saying: In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.