Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Sunday, March 2, 2008

THE BATTLE


-Dale Lund


On my side I had patience and pluck;
They had distance on theirs.
On my side I had love itself;
They had despair on theirs.
In my hands I held my heart
As my weapon of defense;
And my feelings--my emotions--
Were the essence of my sense.
But they used time to guard themselves
And hardships for attack;
They took my girl away from me--
Not planning to give her back.
But
I
Had
To
Get
Her
Back.
With my patience I killed their time,
And my feelings weren't confined;
And with my pluck I easily bucked
The hardships of their kind.
I aimed my heart at their despair,
Outnumbering them by ten,
And with my love protecting me
I got my lady back again.



______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment