Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Friday, January 13, 2012

TWENTY-FIVE CENTS

I've always said that my favorite view of Seattle (or any big city) is in the rear-view mirror.  But one day I happened to be walking in Seattle, alone, and a big man in long hair and beard ran up and began walking right next to me.  It was a relatively quiet street, no one else on the sidewalk within a block, and I wondered if this might be a mugging.  But the man started talking with me, and I soon found myself throroughly enjoying his company.  He brightened my whole day---the greatest conversationalist I've ever heard.  After two blocks, he said, "Say, you don't happen to have a quarter, do you?"  I happily gave him a quarter, and he smiled, thanked me, and walked off another way.  Many have approached me, bumming spare change, but this guy certainly earned his!  To this day, forty years later, I enjoy what he gave me for only a quarter.


______
To see the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment