Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Saturday, October 13, 2012

HOW TO GENTLY WITNESS WITHOUT BEING OBNOXIOUS, AND HAVE FUN DOING IT



It can happen anywhere, but often I do it right in church before Mass starts. I dig in my pocket, pull out a small piece of paper, and hand it to someone, without saying anything. On the paper is printed the Bible verse:

"If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20b

They read the verse, and glance at me, probably thinking, Oh great, a fanatic, I'll humor him, and they smile. But then I hold out to them my closed hand, palm down. They look at it, and reach out, and I drop into their hand a very tiny mustard seed. Then I smile. No words need be spoken.

More than once I've done this to a man, and he turned to his wife and children and showed them the verse and the seed, and all were interested.

As people who witness for Christ often point out, it doesn't take much, but who knows? Your witness may plant a seed in their heart, and from there God can work miracles.

I packet of mustard seeds can last a long while. A pound would last a lifetime. I found and bought a lifetime supply of mustard seeds via eBay, but there are many sources online that sell them. Enjoy helping people move mountains.



______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment