The HOLY ROSARY is a beautiful and efficacious prayer, a tremendous weapon against evil, and, you might say, the Gospel in your pocket or purse.
PRAYERS OF THE ROSARY
Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
The Apostles Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Our Father, who art in Heaven; hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.
Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary, pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.
Various prayers are often added at the end of the Rosary. The following is one of them:
Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in the day of battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls.
The JOYFUL MYSTERIES are normally meditated upon on Mondays and Saturdays.
-The First Joyful Mystery is the Annunciation, when the Archangel Gabriel tells Mary that she is to be the mother of Jesus.
-The Second Joyful Mystery is the Visitation, when Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth.
-The Third Joyful Mystery is the Birth of Jesus.
-The Fourth Joyful Mystery is the Presentation, when Mary and Joseph take the infant Jesus to the Temple to present Him to God.
-The Fifth Joyful Mystery is the Finding of Jesus in the Temple, after Mary and Joseph had searched for Him for three days.
The SORROWFUL MYSTERIES are normally meditated upon on Tuesdays and Fridays.
-The First Sorrowful Mystery is the Agony in the Garden, when Jesus prays in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before He dies.
-The Second Sorrowful Mystery is the Scourging at the Pillar.
-The Third Sorrowful Mystery is the Crowning with Thorns.
-The Fourth Sorrowful Mystery is the Carrying of the Cross.
-The Fifth Sorrowful Mystery is the Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord.
The LUMINOUS MYSTERIES are normally meditated upon on Thursdays.
The First Luminous Mystery is the Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River.
The Second Luminous Mystery is the Wedding Feast at Cana.
The Third Luminous Mystery is the Proclamation of the Kingdom.
The Fourth Luminous Mystery is the Transfiguration, when Jesus is revealed in glory to Peter, James and John.
The Fifth Luminous Mystery is the Institution of the Eucharist, when Jesus offers His Body and Blood at the Last Supper.
The GLORIOUS MYSTERIES are normally meditated upon on Wednesdays and Sundays.
The First Glorious Mystery is the Resurrection.
The Second Glorious Mystery is the Ascension, when Jesus returns to His Father in Heaven.
The Third Glorious Mystery is the Descent of the Holy Spirit, when the Holy Spirit comes to bring new life to the disciples.
The Fourth Glorious Mystery is the Assumption, when Mary, at the end of her life on Earth, is taken body and soul into Heaven.
The Fifth Glorious Mystery is the Coronation, when Mary is crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth.
And how will God bless you when you pray the Rosary? The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan:
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
My favorite book on the Rosary
Click HERE to purchase.
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.