Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

IT HAD TO BE A MOTHER

While passing by a grassy lot on my way to drafting college in Wichita in the early '70's, I noticed a little mound of dirt, and the dirt was moving. Some burrowing animal was apparently coming out, so ever-so-slowly-and-quietly I crept up on the hole. Sure enough, a little gopher popped out and ventured a few feet away in the lawn. It was the first gopher I had ever seen and I wanted to see it better, so as quick as I could I ran up and placed my foot over the hole so it couldn't run back in. That crazy little animal, instead of running away, turned and ran right for me and bit my shoe! I jumped back and the bold critter was hanging from the front of my shoe. I kicked and yelled and it let go and ran back and disappeared down the hole. It had to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment