Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Monday, June 2, 2014

A COMET FROM DAD


My Dad once visited the factory and came home with a 1961 silver Mercury Comet promo model for me. It was a good size (1/24 scale), didn't have to be put together and it was strong. I played with it for years and years, setting up ramps for it to jump, etc. Finally, at about 17, I came up with the grisly idea of having my Comet get into an accident, and purposely broke it, bit by bit, until it was trash.


I've regretted this act of boredom ever since. It was a swell toy and I miss playing with it. But more than that, Dad passed away in 1978 and he had given me this car. How I would cherish it now!


Remember never to purposely break a gift.




P.S. June 5, 2014
  Another model just like it was found on Ebay and my family is giving it to me for Fathers Day!








______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment