Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Monday, September 26, 2016

WATER SKIING


In my teens I got to go water skiing for my first and only time. The boat was going to tow me onto the water from my sitting on the dock. I had two big water skis on my feet and the handle in my hands, as the little speedboat slowly putted out to the rope's end and then sped up, pulling me off the dock.

I knew that most make the mistake of standing too erect and so fall face down into the water on their first try. So, trying to act the pro in front of my friends, I leaned back upon leaving the dock. I certainly did. I went back and right down into the water. Now this would have been no terrible thing -- I had a little life-vest on -- except that the front of my skis crossed and were held tightly in place by the water pressure, while the rope was beneath the skis, between my legs, with the handle caught horizontally across my thighs. And so the boat was pulling me fast, feet first, slightly under the water, and I couldn't let go. The driver must have thought I did let go, for it was some time before he slowed down, and the pain of the water rushing up my nose was severe.

Finally he slowed down enough for me to force the handle vertically so it would slip through and out of my locked legs, and he circled around to pick me up. "Do you want to try again?"

"No."




______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment