Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A LETTER FROM MY NEPHEW, DENNIS THE MENACE

Hank Ketcham, the creator of Dennis the Menace, died in 2001. He is greatly missed, and left behind him a lifetime of work that continues to bring joy to countless people.

In 1986, I finally wrote to Hank Ketcham to tell him how much I’ve enjoyed and appreciated Dennis the Menace. It was Dennis who taught me as a kid about Hollywood and Hawaii and Mexico, etc. Mr. Ketcham appreciated my letter, and from him I received the following letter, hand-written (and drawn) and dated February 17, 1986:


It’s nice to tell people, once in awhile, what they’ve meant to you.


______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


1 comment:

  1. This is an item to treasure all your life.

    ReplyDelete