Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A LOVE POEM

THE DOOR OF LIFE
-Dale Lund

You could have someone much better than I;
You could have him at command…
Someone richer, someone smarter,
Someone famous in our land--
Someone tall, dark and handsome
With a super-hairy chest,
Who speaks a dozen languages
With French being his best.
All the girls would envy you
And make eyes at your man,
And he in turn would quickly learn
You’re not his only fan.
But never could you find someone
Who loves you more than I--
Who’d cherish you and care for you,
And finally, by and by,
You’d love me almost just as much,
For my love spreads and grows--
Like some disease you want to have
That cripples all your woes.
I’d commit my entire being
To your happiness on earth;
And when you pass away from here
To feel your second birth,
You’d still feel the warmth inside
That was planted there by me--
The one who waited patiently,
The one who made you free.
The door of life is facing you;
It’s waiting for the key.
You have the keychain in your hand.
Please open it to me.

_____
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy the following:
The Battle
The First Poem I Wrote for My Wife
Sixty Days
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment