Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Friday, January 6, 2012

TIME FOR BEANY AND CECIL

After World War II, many thousands of veterans came home to their wives and their happy reunion was celebrated in such a way over a period of several years that it resulted in the phenomenon since referred to as the "baby boomers," of which I am a proud member. I was born in 1949, when televisions with their rounded screens and many tubes encased in wooden boxes were becoming commonplace in American homes. My generation was the first to grow up with TV.

My first memory of television was in 1952 while visiting my oldest sister in California, when I was three. Time for Beany came on, and I was completely fascinated. It was the puppet show, televised live, and I remember asking my sister what show it was, and she responded, "Oh, just some cartoon." This was prophetic, for years later Bob Clampett, the creator of Time for Beany, would produce an animated TV series with the same characters--the cartoon: Beany and Cecil. Watching the DVD collections of these old shows today, I realize they contained a lot of clever adult humor I never caught as a kid. It's obvious that Bob Clampett was influenced by the beat generation; both the puppet show and the cartoon could be called hip. And come to find out, most of the music in Time for Beany was provided live by Korla Pandit, who is also one of my favorites.

______
To see the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


5 comments:

  1. I remember the Beany & Cecil cartoon. I didn't know there was a live puppet show! I was born in 1956, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the fan of classic cartoons that's my favorite hobby during childhood in the 1960's in the Philippines.

      Delete
    2. I want to request the lost episodes from 1962-63 Beany & Cecil TV series to Youtube Channel soon.

      Delete
    3. Inspired from the live action puppet show from 1949-54 becomes the animated series created by Bob Clampett aired on ABC Network from 1962-69 TV series & in reruns to Youtube & in syndication worldwide.

      Delete
    4. List of classic lost episodes including Quackers in Bed Tommy Hawk Peking Tom Cecil's Comical Strip There's Goes A Good Squid Cecil
      Meets Cowboy Star & others to Youtube Channel soon

      Delete