Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TAKE UP ARMS AGAINST THE ENEMY

The current attack against the Catholic Church and the U.S. Constitution by the Obama administration has prompted me to try to be a better Catholic.  I hope this result is not unique to me.  It's time for those of us who have let it get dusty to take up our greatest weapon anew, reload it, and use it:  The Holy Rosary.

If you're new in the techniques of using this weapon, or need a refresher course, click here.

Then, as Pope John Paul II said, "Be not afraid."

I should warn you, though, that the Rosary works both ways.  Once a violent anti-Catholic, I came to the point, after reading Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating and Theology and Sanity by Frank Sheed, when I tried praying the Rosary every day on my mail route, hiding in my truck in a little lot behind some stores, using a little brochure that told me how to do it.  I've now been a Catholic for twenty-three years.








_____
To see the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment