Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS?



When I was a mailman in Everett WA on a very busy day around Christmas time, another carrier was helping me with my route. He was new, and some parts of my route were tricky, so I jotted down some notes to help him and stuck them among the letters in the trays to load on his truck--notes such as "Turn left at next corner" and "Mailbox by front door" and "Box in bushes before corner," etc. 

The next day, I delivered mail on my whole route, and came upon a lady digging into the hedge several feet past her mailbox. When I drove up, she backed out and walked up to me with her face sweating and dirty. "I can't find it," she said, exasperated.

"Can't find what?" I asked.

"My package."

"What package?"

Then she handed me the note I had written that said, "Box in bushes before corner." My previous day's helper hadn't noticed my note, but did find her mailbox in the bushes, and inadvertently stuck my note in with her mail! The poor lady had been rummaging in the bushes for a half hour trying to find her package!





______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment