Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Sunday, April 19, 2015

BYE BYE BAHA'I


Baha'u'llah
In our search for the truth, my wife and I got into the Baha'i religion for a time. We met other Baha'is, read and studied a lot of the religion's literature, and began practicing the faith. Baha'i branched off of Islam in the same way Protestantism branched off of Catholicism, and they believe in a succession of prophets--Baha'u'llah being the latest and most important. Around the time I was starting to wise up, I asked the woman who guided us into the religion, "Mohammed claimed to be the last of the prophets. To say that Baha'u'llah is a prophet after him would make Mohammed a liar, wouldn't it?" Her quick response was: "Mohammed was the last prophet in the Adamic cycle." ...sigh.

Not wanting to bore you, I won't go on about the beliefs of this obscure religion. I haven't heard as much about it as we used to, so imagine it's going the way of Eckankar and Father Divine, but if you are tempted to get into Baha'i and pursue it, I have a resource here for you from the Baha'i religion itself.

As we were getting further into the faith, other Baha'is would give us books to read. Thanks be to God someone gave me The Synopsis and Codification of the Kitab-i-Aqdas--the "most holy book" of Baha'i. Either the giver considered me far enough into the religion to fall for it, or wanted to pass it off to someone else who could stomach it. This was the book that convinced me that the Baha'i religion is just plain weird.

It's online and you can get to it by clicking The Synopsis and Codification of the Kitab-i-Aqdas. If reading the main headings isn't enough, you can click each for an expansion of the subject. If you're considering Baha'i as your next quest, hopefully this post will save you a lot of time and avoid egg in your face.



______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment