Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Friday, May 11, 2018

REVIEW: THE CHAMELEON THIEF OF CAIRO by Stephen Jared






I admit that I was a bit disoriented during the first part of Stephen Jared's The Chameleon Thief of Cairo because of unfamiliarity with Middle Easternism and the presence of a few flashbacks which often throw me for a loop (my problem, not the author's, or yours), but then it all fell together and I literally (literarily?) could not put the book down. I pondered over and had to underline the truism, "your anger at the world is really an anger at yourself for foolishly accepting your powerless position in it." And it was great to get back in action with Jack Hunter in the mid 1900's, my favorite time -- an exciting serial coming to life in our hands, making us wonder how in the heck the characters are going to get out of this one! Stephen Jared did it again! And if producers don't make movies from Jared's books, they're just plain silly.








______
For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment