Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
THE BUTTER RUM CARTOON. Click HERE for complete contents.

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Thursday, May 21, 2026

DINOSAURS AND OTHER PREHISTORIC ANIMALS

 After I finished 5th grade in Blaine, Washington, we moved to Allen, Washington.  Here I am in Allen at 11 years old, reading Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Animals, by Darlene Geis.  I could name every dinosaur I had read about in the books I had, and could tell you several facts about each one.


 Now, 66 years later, I just ordered a used, hardcover copy of this very book, for $10.37 including postage.  It'll be a joy to read these 105 pages again!

 

    
It was today, after sitting on the porch here in Branson, Missouri, smoking a Missouri Meerschaum corncob pipe with my son Andrew, that I renewed my enthusiasm about dinosaurs.  Not only did I find this book again, but want to begin collecting Papo dinosaur figures - large, detailed replicas made in France.  Here are some of many:

They are quite expensive, averaging about $40 each, but hey, nothing's too good for the Lund Library.  I plan to get the Tyrannosaurus Rex first.  And wouldn't the Pteranodon look great hanging from the ceiling?

Life is fun.

 

 

 

 

 Complete Contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.