Dale Lund's BUTTER RUM CARTOON.
Click HERE for complete contents.


Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Friday, May 29, 2026

WHO IS GUY WILLIAMS?

 It wasn't this:

When I was a kid in the late 1950s, I loved Zorro!  He was my hero.  And I wanted to write to him.  I knew the TV show was made in Hollywood, and that Zorro's real name was Don Diego.  So I wrote a letter, put it in an envelope, and addressed it:

Don Diego 
Hollywood, California

Some time went by, and one day a large manilla envelope arrived for Dale Lund, from Hollywood, California!  I was so excited!  But inside there was only a large B&W photograph of an actor who played Zorro, in regular American clothes, signed Guy Williams.

Who is Guy Williams?  I complained to my parents, and they told me the truth.  My bubble was popped.  But I still like Zorro.

 

 

 

P.S.   The postal service was better then.  No address (zip codes didn't come into play until a few years afterwards); not the real name; and still my letter was delivered to the right place.  And as late as 1979, when I was running the American Tarantula Society, a letter was correctly delivered to me simply addressed:  Spider Man, Bellingham, Washington. 

  

 

 

 Complete Contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.