The Monkey Bars
The Merry-Go-Round
I always liked to get the kids to sit at the edge while I stood on the ground and rotated the merry-go-round as fast as I could. Then I ran and hopped on, and had all the kids move toward the center. This made the thing move incredibly fast. Sometimes one or two of the kids weren't able to move in, and so were precariously hanging on. Some flew off.
The Slide
This was the real thing, high and scary. On hot days, its metal was hot. The best ones were kept waxed with wax paper and were super slippery. When no others were on it, I always liked to run fast to it from the other direction and run up the slide to the top, then turn around and slide down.
The Swing
I used to swing as high as it would go, then jump off. I also liked to shinny up the bars to the top, where I hung on with my arms over the top bar and enjoyed the view. It was up there that, rubbing on the slanting bar, I first had that incredibly fantastic feeling between my legs, too young to know what it was about.
The Teeter Totter
The Dud
Nowadays we have this wussy joke of a playground. What the heck?






No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.