Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
Welcome to the BUTTER RUM CARTOON. Click HERE for complete contents. Feel free to comment.

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Friday, July 31, 2026

THE RONALD KNOX TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY BIBLE

       One wonderful tool that helped guide me into the Catholic Church was Catholic Answers founded by Karl Keating.  I read his informative newsletters through, and when they evolved into This Rock magazine, I subscribed to that, collecting every issue until it stopped printing and went online.  Keating's book Catholicism and Fundamentalism was the first Catholic book I've ever read.  Then, following recommendations, I read Frank Sheed's Theology and Sanity, and joined the Church in 1989, never regretting it.
       In one of Keating's debates he mentioned that his favorite translation of the Bible is the Ronald Knox version.  So of course I looked for it, and couldn't find it!  We didn't have a computer back then, but somehow learned of John Bevan Catholic Bookseller in England.  Ronald Knox was English, so I gave it a shot.
 
       Of course I ordered the 3 volume set, and in good time arrived a big burlap gunny sack in the mail!  The books were loose in the sack, not boxed, not even wrapped, but completely unharmed.




       Now it's easy to order the Ronald Knox version online, and I have other editions of it, but this hard-to-find set that came in a gunny sack has always been my favorite.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.