Dale Lund's BUTTER RUM CARTOON.
Click HERE for complete contents.


Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Sunday, August 2, 2026

HALLOWEEN'S FIRST PRIZE

 

        Awhile back, Micki and I went to the Halloween party at what is now the Lake Bronson Nudist Club near Sultan, Washington. Micki was eight months pregnant with our first child, and I painted her large belly like a pumpkin. This was her costume for the party. She undressed and came as a pumpkin, delighting everyone. She won first prize for best costume. 
       When the actual day of Halloween came, Micki had an appointment at the Mount Vernon Birth Clinic, so that morning I painted another pumpkin on her belly to surprise the midwife during her checkup. I stood by as Micki lay on the table. And when the midwife raised Micki's shirt to check her, she jumped with fright, surprised to see a big pumpkin, then began laughing hysterically. She then composed herself and very seriously called in her assistant, saying that she found something very peculiar in Micki's checkup and wanted a second opinion. The assistant, looking very concerned, then lifted Micki's shirt and jumped. We had the birth clinic in stitches.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.