Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
Welcome to the BUTTER RUM CARTOON. Click HERE for complete contents. Feel free to comment.

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Thursday, August 6, 2026

THE DANISH POET

 

 
       Especially those who, like me, are Scandinavian, and who fought with their spouse over the three volumes while reading Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset, would thoroughly enjoy "The Danish Poet."  And now this 15 minute 2006 short film is on YouTube!
       It was written, directed and animated by Torill Kove and narrated by Liv Ullmann.  It's won both the Academy Award and Genie Award for best animated short film.
       I love its jazzy soundtrack, too, which contains subtle vocals by Sienna Dahlen.  Soon after first seeing "The Danish Poet," I managed to find and write to Sienna Dahlen in Canada, and bought three of her CDs from her directly.  My favorite song on them is "Ambrosia," which I liked well enough to post online with a video of downtown New York City.  If you check it out at Ambrosia, see the comments beneath it.
       Be sure not to miss "The Danish Poet," and I've made it very easy for you: Just click on the title.  You'll love it even if you're not Scandinavian or have never read Kristin Lavransdatter.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.