When I was little, I had a vast collection of toy vehicles, and whenever getting a new one, I would line up every one I had and place the new one at the end of the convoy that stretched across the dining room, through the hall and across the bedroom.
Here you see me with my U.S.-made Tootsietoy Cadillac. It has a string tied to the front axle so I could pull it and make believe it was moving on its own. I still have this Tootsietoy Cadillac, it still rolls on all four tires, and the now 75-year-old knot from the string is still tied to the front axle.
I have a vivid memory of my youth, as is shown by countless memoirs in the Butter Rum Cartoon, edged between all sorts of other things. This perhaps is because around the axle in the convoy of my life, the knot is still tied, still there.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.