Dale Lund's BUTTER RUM CARTOON.
Click HERE for complete contents.


Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Sunday, October 4, 2026

WELCOME GIANT MADAGASCAR HISSING COCKROACHES

 

       Last time we kept Giant Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, we discovered that they breed like cockroaches.  Soon we had hundreds, and I couldn't find anyone that wanted our extras.  So we let them go where they sadly wouldn't survive the winter.
       But now I find that reptile and pet dealers will accept them as food for snakes, tarantulas, etc. etc.  We have a tarantula, and our son has a big snake, and there are several pet stores within fifty miles of us.  So this month I'll be ordering a pack of three of these critters from the Carolina Biological Supply Company.  I've already ordered their terrarium from Amazon.
       They really do hiss, loud enough to be heard across the room, and most people think they're hideous.  I did at first but don't anymore, and have no qualms about reaching my hand into a pile of them and picking up dozens at a time.  They're very gentle, will not bite, and will hang onto your hand.  I've never dropped one.
       I'm excited.  I miss them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.