Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Friday, April 8, 2011

HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL


I was only 8 when this series premiered, and so young that the title confused me. "Have Gun Will Travel." The gun will travel? And he has it? Or are we to have it? I was young, but already very concerned with good grammar. Paladin's calling card was really cool, though, and that impressed me enough to watch the show. It had the confusing "Have Gun Will Travel" on it, and then said "Wire Paladin, San Francisco." I had thought that his first name was "Wire." But the card also displayed a chess knight, and the game of chess impressed me, especially the cool knight piece; so, despite the confusing grammar and false name, I liked the show. It was a slow western, though, for a kid--little action and a lot of talk, and even Richard Boone's deep authoritative voice wasn't enough to hold my interest throughout even the short half-hour sometimes. Yet the chess knight remained forever cool, and so it was one of my favorite shows. Now, watching these episodes as an adult, I finally understand them, and can appreciate the little action and lot of talk. There's even some profound philosophy tossed into the mix at times, and the man in black is now as cool as the chess knight. By the way, the definition of "paladin" in the dictionary is: A paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion. A strong supporter or defender of a cause.




For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment