Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Monday, March 5, 2012

A SPECK OF DUST


I've known very few atheists. One of them was a friend of mine in high school, named David Smith (try finding him on Facebook).  David lived just a block away from me in Sultan, Washington.  His whole family smoked, including David and his sister Georgia, and despite the stench of tobacco, David was my buddy.

One day we were walking together along the Sultan sidewalks, and inevitably the subject of creation vs. evolution came up.  We were passing the woods that line the Sultan River, and I held my hands up toward the trees and asked, "Who made all this then?"

David of course said, "No one," and began a usual discourse about how this evolved from that, and that evolved from this, and so on, while I listened politely.  Finally he backed up all that exists to a "tiny speck of dust."

I asked, "Who made that speck of dust?"

And he said, "That's a good question."


______
To see the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click here.


1 comment:

  1. Very Good observation Dale If you want to know if God exists just take a look around you. How can any one say all these thing came to by accident.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete