Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
CLICK HERE FOR CONTENTS OF THIS WHOLE BLOG, OR USE THE SEARCH BAR BELOW

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Thursday, April 6, 2017

DEAD BABY EARS


by my sister, Linda Moore:
Linda

I was putting groceries away when our daughter Ronda, then 5 or 6 years old, came into the kitchen and saw a bag of Dried Apricots.  She asked "What's that?" and without even thinking, but to be funny, I looked at them and said "Dead baby ears." She backed away with a confused, horrified look on her face. I laughed and told her, "No it's not. They're dried apricots, they're good, here, have one." She shook her head no, and walked out of the kitchen. I called after her, "Honey, really they are good!" but she walked on. I had raised my kids to "try it, if you don't like it you don't have to eat it."

Ronda
Later in the evening, with that in my mind, I wanted her at least to try one. Knowing she had a loose tooth, I asked to see it. She opened her mouth, and I popped an apricot into her mouth and said, "Now, eat it!" She looked horrified.

When her dad came in about 15 to 20 minutes later, I told him what I had done. He looked at her and said, "Ronda, you don't have to eat that."  Expecting she had eaten it, we watched her slowly open her mouth and pull the apricot out!

At the time I thought it was funny, but knew I had carried it too far.  I apologized, but have had remorse and guilt all these years.

To this day, 50 years later, Ronda has never tasted a Dried Apricot!






______

For the complete contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon, click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment