1. I heard a porcupine cry. True
2. I was a taxi driver for the Amish. True
3. I kept a live boa constrictor in my army locker. True
4. I wrote the first book on pet tarantula care. True
5. A gopher once bit my shoe. True
6. I played with a gorilla. True
7. When I hated the Catholic Church, I confessed crying to a priest in the confessional. True
8. A sparrow came to me for help. True
9. My favorite food is butternut squash. False, but I do like it.
10. I scared my boss’s secretary so badly that she had to go home. True
11. We accidentally left our 3-year-old daughter in another state. True
12. I am the great, great, great, great, great, great grandson of Jens Andersen Skallebutek. True
13. A cicada kept me from getting beat up. True
14. A fossil I dug up is now displayed in a natural history museum. False
15. I’ve shaved a woman’s head. False
16. I worked full-time on a book for 2 ½ years, and it doesn’t give my name in it. True
17. I can stick a knife into a tree at twenty feet. False without luck.
18. I went into Mexico illegally. False, only legally.
19. Tom Smothers was a member of the American Tarantula Society. False
20. I once practiced tasseology (reading coffee grounds). False, but my paternal grandmother did.
21. My daughter played Jesus in a Branson show. True
22. I lived with a prostitute for four months. True
23. I showed a fascinated hyena what was in my zipper bag. True
24. In front of many witnesses, I fired a gun at an innocent man and got away with it. True
25. I watched Donald Sutherland get beat up right in front of me. True
26. I’ve spent a weekend in jail. False
27. I went trick-or-treating in my twenties. False
28. My wife won first prize in a Halloween costume party when she was naked. True
29. I lived in a station wagon with two other guys, a dog, and a skunk. True
30. I was a member of the Huckleberry Hound Fan Club. False - several fan clubs, but not that one.
31. I once went to a theater to watch a movie about myself. True
32. Twenty sea lions followed me across a bay. True
33. People applauded my preshow at a Mahavishnu Orchestra concert. True
34. The first time my future wife came into my apartment, I hit her on the head as hard as I could. True
35. With my bare hands, I stopped two big dogs from fighting. True
36. Hank Ketcham drew a picture of Dennis the Menace just for me. True
37. I ran away on my first day at school. True
38. I had a shoot-out with a judge in city hall. True
39. I sneaked into a nudist camp and passed myself off as a member for seven hours. True
40. I can balance a penny on the tip of a wire hanger, using no glue or stickem of any kind, and twirl the hanger around several times and stop it, and the penny will still be there. True
41. A group of men celebrated my buying a quilt. True
42. My wife and 1-year-old son and I hitchhiked over 4000 miles. True
43. A duck followed me up the aisle in a church. True
44. We have 3,704 books in a room in our house. True, the number keeps growing, but at this writing it's 3,704.
45. I once spoke on “Fear” in church, as a tarantula crawled up my arm. True
46. I once faked a UFO so well that Search & Rescue went up the mountain to try to find survivors of a hot-air balloon crash. True
47. I accompanied a man trying to find a prostitute in Utah. True
48. When a car turned in front of me on my motorcycle, I closed my eyes so I wouldn’t see the gore, and I survived. True
49. For the first year of our marriage, we lived in an 8-by-12-foot cabin without utilities. True
50. I was introduced to Charles Addams in a barn. True
51. When our car’s oil pump broke in Mississippi, 500 miles away from home, it was fixed in Walmart’s parking lot by a homeless man who happened by. He worked under our car for ten hours and fixed it. We drove home okay. True
52. A crow ran to me for help. True
53. I walked all the way up the Washington Monument to save a quarter. False, it was a dime.
54. My family and I flipped upside-down in a semi-truck, and walked away from it. True
55. While on LSD, I once talked with Jane Fonda. True
56. There’s a picture of tits in this blog. True
57. An American girl who was in Korea the same time I was, later wrote a book on the Sasquatch and bought me an archery bow. We never saw each other in person. True
58. I read a poem on stage in a coffee house. False
59. With vultures circling overhead, I passed out after mowing the lawn and fell into a pool of black widows. True
60. A tarantula drooled venom into my hand at a Cub Scout meeting. True. It was in a gymnasium with no microphone, so I had to almost shout to be heard by the parents in the bleachers with the scouts gathered on the floor around me. With the noise and the shaking (from my fear of public speaking) the pet in my hand was pretty agitated. A boy near me interrupted my speech and asked, "Do they spit?" I whispered, "No, they don't spit." A few moments later, he asked, "Are you sure they don't spit?" I repeated my answer, and he said, "Well, she's spitting." When I tipped my hand to look, venom ran off onto my papers on the podium! The tarantula was nice enough just to drool venom instead of biting me. And afterwards several scouts held her. Nice spider.
61. I once met a girl by eating dog treats. True
62. A reporter told my wife, “You’re the bravest woman in the whole wide world.” True. When we wanted to pick up our tarantula to show Mindy, the spider (different than the one in answer 60 above) seemed edgy and I backed off. So my wife Micki went to pick her up, and did. Mindy had backed clear across the room when she excitedly complimented Micki.
63. I slept on a boxcar in Oklahoma. False, it was Colorado.
64. My wife posed nude for a painting while she was pregnant. True
65. I once left a boy without shoes high on a mountain. True
66. A large, irritable, wild racoon once walked up my body. True
67. I hitchhiked around the U.S., about 6000 miles, when I was 18, leaving with only $30. True. After the newspaper article, I hitchhiked halfway through Georgia, up to D.C. and Pennsylvania, then back to Sultan, Washington.
68. Not very far, but I rode a Brahman bull. False, but one chased me once.
69. I’ve had my life saved at least seven times. True
70. My wife made waffles for me during labor, then gave birth in the dining room. True
71. I hopped a freight, stole a boat, and trespassed on a marijuana farm, all in the same weekend trip. True
72. I was interrogated for having a gun at an airport, and made my plane anyway. True
73. A water moccasin rolled over my foot. True
74. I received mail, including packages, from almost every country in the world. True. Sadly, because of the internet, you can't have such an adventure anymore.
75. I spent a week in a funeral home when I was eight. True
76. On our first anniversary, my wife flew in a small plane for the first time. On our second anniversary she jumped out of one. True
77. A wild pack dog gave birth on my favorite recliner. True
78. I’ve collected every issue of “Famous Monsters of Filmland” magazine. False, but I do have every issue of "QUICK News Weekly" magazine.
79. Holding a bunch of my comic books I almost got shot. True
80. I once had an all-expense-paid trip to Washington D.C. for playing music in my mail truck. True
81. Before marrying, my wife and I knew each other for only two months, our engagement was ten days, and we’ve been married over fifty-one years. True
82. I was in Ripley’s Believe-It-or-Not. True
83. When our youngest daughter was a baby, she was employed and registered with Social Security. We even went to her staff party. True
2. I was a taxi driver for the Amish. True
3. I kept a live boa constrictor in my army locker. True
4. I wrote the first book on pet tarantula care. True
5. A gopher once bit my shoe. True
6. I played with a gorilla. True
7. When I hated the Catholic Church, I confessed crying to a priest in the confessional. True
8. A sparrow came to me for help. True
9. My favorite food is butternut squash. False, but I do like it.
10. I scared my boss’s secretary so badly that she had to go home. True
11. We accidentally left our 3-year-old daughter in another state. True
12. I am the great, great, great, great, great, great grandson of Jens Andersen Skallebutek. True
13. A cicada kept me from getting beat up. True
14. A fossil I dug up is now displayed in a natural history museum. False
15. I’ve shaved a woman’s head. False
16. I worked full-time on a book for 2 ½ years, and it doesn’t give my name in it. True
17. I can stick a knife into a tree at twenty feet. False without luck.
18. I went into Mexico illegally. False, only legally.
19. Tom Smothers was a member of the American Tarantula Society. False
20. I once practiced tasseology (reading coffee grounds). False, but my paternal grandmother did.
21. My daughter played Jesus in a Branson show. True
22. I lived with a prostitute for four months. True
23. I showed a fascinated hyena what was in my zipper bag. True
24. In front of many witnesses, I fired a gun at an innocent man and got away with it. True
25. I watched Donald Sutherland get beat up right in front of me. True
26. I’ve spent a weekend in jail. False
27. I went trick-or-treating in my twenties. False
28. My wife won first prize in a Halloween costume party when she was naked. True
29. I lived in a station wagon with two other guys, a dog, and a skunk. True
30. I was a member of the Huckleberry Hound Fan Club. False - several fan clubs, but not that one.
31. I once went to a theater to watch a movie about myself. True
32. Twenty sea lions followed me across a bay. True
33. People applauded my preshow at a Mahavishnu Orchestra concert. True
34. The first time my future wife came into my apartment, I hit her on the head as hard as I could. True
35. With my bare hands, I stopped two big dogs from fighting. True
36. Hank Ketcham drew a picture of Dennis the Menace just for me. True
37. I ran away on my first day at school. True
38. I had a shoot-out with a judge in city hall. True
39. I sneaked into a nudist camp and passed myself off as a member for seven hours. True
40. I can balance a penny on the tip of a wire hanger, using no glue or stickem of any kind, and twirl the hanger around several times and stop it, and the penny will still be there. True
41. A group of men celebrated my buying a quilt. True
42. My wife and 1-year-old son and I hitchhiked over 4000 miles. True
43. A duck followed me up the aisle in a church. True
44. We have 3,704 books in a room in our house. True, the number keeps growing, but at this writing it's 3,704.
45. I once spoke on “Fear” in church, as a tarantula crawled up my arm. True
46. I once faked a UFO so well that Search & Rescue went up the mountain to try to find survivors of a hot-air balloon crash. True
47. I accompanied a man trying to find a prostitute in Utah. True
48. When a car turned in front of me on my motorcycle, I closed my eyes so I wouldn’t see the gore, and I survived. True
49. For the first year of our marriage, we lived in an 8-by-12-foot cabin without utilities. True
50. I was introduced to Charles Addams in a barn. True
51. When our car’s oil pump broke in Mississippi, 500 miles away from home, it was fixed in Walmart’s parking lot by a homeless man who happened by. He worked under our car for ten hours and fixed it. We drove home okay. True
52. A crow ran to me for help. True
53. I walked all the way up the Washington Monument to save a quarter. False, it was a dime.
54. My family and I flipped upside-down in a semi-truck, and walked away from it. True
55. While on LSD, I once talked with Jane Fonda. True
56. There’s a picture of tits in this blog. True
57. An American girl who was in Korea the same time I was, later wrote a book on the Sasquatch and bought me an archery bow. We never saw each other in person. True
58. I read a poem on stage in a coffee house. False
59. With vultures circling overhead, I passed out after mowing the lawn and fell into a pool of black widows. True
60. A tarantula drooled venom into my hand at a Cub Scout meeting. True. It was in a gymnasium with no microphone, so I had to almost shout to be heard by the parents in the bleachers with the scouts gathered on the floor around me. With the noise and the shaking (from my fear of public speaking) the pet in my hand was pretty agitated. A boy near me interrupted my speech and asked, "Do they spit?" I whispered, "No, they don't spit." A few moments later, he asked, "Are you sure they don't spit?" I repeated my answer, and he said, "Well, she's spitting." When I tipped my hand to look, venom ran off onto my papers on the podium! The tarantula was nice enough just to drool venom instead of biting me. And afterwards several scouts held her. Nice spider.
61. I once met a girl by eating dog treats. True
62. A reporter told my wife, “You’re the bravest woman in the whole wide world.” True. When we wanted to pick up our tarantula to show Mindy, the spider (different than the one in answer 60 above) seemed edgy and I backed off. So my wife Micki went to pick her up, and did. Mindy had backed clear across the room when she excitedly complimented Micki.
63. I slept on a boxcar in Oklahoma. False, it was Colorado.
64. My wife posed nude for a painting while she was pregnant. True
65. I once left a boy without shoes high on a mountain. True
66. A large, irritable, wild racoon once walked up my body. True
67. I hitchhiked around the U.S., about 6000 miles, when I was 18, leaving with only $30. True. After the newspaper article, I hitchhiked halfway through Georgia, up to D.C. and Pennsylvania, then back to Sultan, Washington.
68. Not very far, but I rode a Brahman bull. False, but one chased me once.
69. I’ve had my life saved at least seven times. True
70. My wife made waffles for me during labor, then gave birth in the dining room. True
71. I hopped a freight, stole a boat, and trespassed on a marijuana farm, all in the same weekend trip. True
72. I was interrogated for having a gun at an airport, and made my plane anyway. True
73. A water moccasin rolled over my foot. True
74. I received mail, including packages, from almost every country in the world. True. Sadly, because of the internet, you can't have such an adventure anymore.
75. I spent a week in a funeral home when I was eight. True
76. On our first anniversary, my wife flew in a small plane for the first time. On our second anniversary she jumped out of one. True
77. A wild pack dog gave birth on my favorite recliner. True
78. I’ve collected every issue of “Famous Monsters of Filmland” magazine. False, but I do have every issue of "QUICK News Weekly" magazine.
79. Holding a bunch of my comic books I almost got shot. True
80. I once had an all-expense-paid trip to Washington D.C. for playing music in my mail truck. True
81. Before marrying, my wife and I knew each other for only two months, our engagement was ten days, and we’ve been married over fifty-one years. True
82. I was in Ripley’s Believe-It-or-Not. True
83. When our youngest daughter was a baby, she was employed and registered with Social Security. We even went to her staff party. True
84. Real Indians taught me how to make a tepee. True
85. I was abducted on my 70th birthday and driven out of state. True
86. A pack of wild dogs threatened me in the middle of a city. True. It was creepy. Every day I'd ride my bicycle Gideon from my apartment to the Wichita Drafting College, passing beneath a freeway overpass where there's a large grassy area. One day there were over a dozen large dogs lying in the grass, with one watching. I stopped my bike, not wanting to get chased, and wondered what reaction I'd get if I approached the dogs. Leaving my bike, I put one step on the grass, and the watching dog growled. Suddenly all heads raised, and all growled. They did let me leave without killing me.
87. I handed my knife to a man, thinking he would kill me with it. True
88. I founded the American Tarantula Society. True
89. On our eighth anniversary, my wife and I were in a gang fight. True
90. I was robbed while hitchhiking. False
91. I once placed a live tarantula on the shoulder of a former Miss Washington Universe, who had never seen one before. True
92. My most popular YouTube video is “Dale Sneaks into a Nudist Camp.” True
93. When I was a little kid, I saved a woman’s life. True
94. I deserted the Army. True
95. I won a week’s vacation to a horse ranch. True
96. This blog’s most popular post is “How to Get Ants Out of Your Mailbox.” True
97. I had a pet porcupine for a week. False
98. A girl I didn’t know chewed me out for proposing to her. True
99. A priest read my poem, “Frogs Without Legs,” from the pulpit. True
100. I kept a gopher as a pet for over a year. False, it was a desert chipmunk.
101. The worst thing my dad ever said to me was, “Jiminy Cricket, that kid!” True
102. In appreciation I once let a scorpion go. True
103. I once made the priest burst out laughing in the confessional. True
104. I once ran for congressman. False
105. I once had a fist fight with a priest. False
106. All three of our daughters can honestly say, “I was born in the kitchen.” True
107. I beat a soldier in a fight with my eyes closed. True
108. I went to a federal prison to speak about tarantulas. True
109. Andy Williams once paid for my corn chips. False, but he did wave at me from his golf cart here in Branson.
110. I wrote a book on insects as pets. False, it was All About Tarantulas.
111. This blog is the result of a poem that made no sense. True
112. I stabbed a pencil into a bully’s arm. True
113. I put the Old Testament into an 850-word vocabulary. True
114. There are 85 more true or false questions in this quiz. False
If anyone gets all these right, feel free to email me at ButterRumCartoon@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.