Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
Welcome to the BUTTER RUM CARTOON. Click HERE for complete contents. Feel free to comment.

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

GATRYSTARISM?


        In the late 1970s, after realizing the ridiculousness of Baha'i and thinking I could come up with something better myself, I finally came up with Gatrystarism.  The word meant, to me, "Love Truth Harmony," and this religion described God as that: The Harmony of Love and Truth.  In a sense, it turned out to be a play on the Trinity, although I didn't notice it at the time.  After formulating a bunch of ideas and arranging them into some sort of form, I proudly explained my new religion to Micki.  She listened patiently, then said quietly and simply, "If you can believe in that, why can't you believe in Christianity?"  Micki has always been very wise.
       It was then that, following the enthusiasm of some friends, I read C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, the seven books pictured above.  Not only did they illustrate Christianity in a fun way, but they made my Gatrystarism as ridiculous as any alternative I attempted.  
       After struggling through adventures with a variety of Protestant heresies, I explored Catholic apologetics and finally Theology and Sanity by Frank Sheed.  By then I was praying the Rosary in private places along my mail route.  By the grace of God, on Easter Vigil 1989, I joined the Church that Jesus Christ founded, and have not regretted it since.
______
 
       For fun, if you see an Alexa (or for that matter a computer), ask it who founded the Methodist church, the Presbyterian church, the Baptist church, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, etc. etc.  Then ask it who founded the Catholic Church.  It's fun.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.