I do not like Netflix, and will not mourn its death.
Our son Andrew introduced Micki and I to a series he had begun watching - "Designated Survivor" - and we watched it together, after Andrew got to it for us on the Roku gizmo. It was a great show and held our interest and even enthusiasm, giving us a lot to talk about between episodes. Its characters were good, the plot was profound, with action that kept us on the edge of our seats. We really enjoyed its first two seasons.
Then came the third season. Suddenly all its characters were cussing and blaspheming like different people, and it was very obvious. The token gays were introduced, some favorite characters were gone, and new unlikable ones appeared. The president's young daughter was being taught by a transsexual and the president thought it was sweet. They showed two men sodomizing in bed - the first time I had ever seen such a thing on screen. The plot became boring, and the action short and far between. It was mainly about campaigning. The characters we had learned to know and like were suddenly morally different people. We watched several episodes anyway, thinking it must get better. All three of us stopped watching it. I had even bought a set of all three years of it on DVD in my enthusiasm, and now regret it.
Andrew researched and found why suddenly the show went bad. In 2019 the series was taken over from ABC by Netflix. Netflix controlled the third year. I'm surprised that the actors put up with it, and why they didn't begin growing donkey ears and tails.
This is one of the many disappointments from Netflix. From now on I will be sure to stay clear.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.