Years ago, our mailbox stand was a mess. It was leaning over, broken and about to fall, holding four beat-up mailboxes of various kinds and sizes, etc. You've seen these, a common sight.
So I bought some treated cedar lumber: One 12-foot 4x4, one 12-foot 2x4, one 4-foot 2x10, and one 6-foot 2x6; two 4x4 caps; a bag of Quikrete, enough for 3 cubic feet of concrete; ant blocker; one bell; and four mailboxes I've found, as a retired mailman, to be the most convenient size.
Then I built a new mailbox stand. I put house numbers on the mailbox doors, and returned the old beat-up mailboxes to the surprised neighbors.
Everyone was delighted, and Mary Jo, our mail lady, left a note in our new box.
And every day the mail carrier rings the bell, and we can hear it even from the Lund Library.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.