Years ago, our mailbox stand was a mess. It was leaning over, broken and about to fall, holding four beat-up mailboxes of various kinds and sizes, etc. You've seen these, a common sight.
So I bought some treated cedar lumber: One 12-foot 4x4, one 12-foot 2x4, one 4-foot 2x10, and one 6-foot 2x6; two 4x4 caps; a bag of Quikrete, enough for 3 cubic feet of concrete; ant blocker; one bell; and four mailboxes I've found, as a retired mailman, to be the most convenient size.
Then I built a new mailbox stand. I put house numbers on the mailbox doors, and returned the old beat-up mailboxes to the surprised neighbors.
Everyone was delighted, and Mary Jo, our mail lady, left a note in our new box.
And every day the mail carrier rings the bell, and we can hear it even from the Lund Library.
The Complete Contents of the Butter Rum Cartoon

No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.