Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
THE BUTTER RUM CARTOON. Click HERE for complete contents.

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Sunday, September 6, 2026

RETURNING KINDNESS FOR INSULT

       It was in the Hollister MO postal annex, between casing mail, that there were a few of us mail carriers talking.  I don't remember what we were discussing, but at one point I defended the pope.  One carrier, Dan, reponded, "You're a fuckin' sheep."
       I didn't say anything, and the group soon disbanded and we went back to work.  A bit later I went back to Dan's case and said, kindly, "You know, I kind of took offense at you calling me a fuckin' sheep."
       Dan was quieter and friendly.  I don't remember what he said, or if he outright apologized, but I felt better when I returned to my case.
       Some months later, riding home from work on my motorcycle, a car turned in front of me.  I survived but was off work for four months, and during that time Dan was the only one of my co-workers who came to visit me and see how I was doing.
 
 
 
 
 
        
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.