Dale Lund's BUTTER RUM CARTOON.
Click HERE for complete contents.


Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DOG

 

       In 1957, when I was 8, my dog Lassie was very trained, and a protector.  Once in Blaine WA, when I was being threatened by a gang of boys, suddenly from behind Lassie came charging by me and leapt with a loud growl right into the belly of the leading bully, knocking him back and scaring him.  I grabbed my bike and took off, hollering "C'mon, Lassie!" and they let us go.
       Another time, also in Blaine, I went to visit a friend of mine and told Lassie to stay on the front porch.  After playing in the house, not remembering Lassie, I left through the back door and walked home.  The next day, my family and I missed Lassie, wondering where she was, and it dawned on me.  I walked to my friends house, and when two blocks away I saw Lassie still lying on the front porch.  I called to her.  I've never seen a dog run that fast!
 
       In 1957, Friskies came out with a promotional 33 1/3 rpm record, "How to Train Your Dog," narrated by Mike Nuzzola.  I loved this record.  It's so understandable and simple, even for an 8-year-old.  You can listen to it by clicking on its title here.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.