Butter Rum Cartoon

Butter Rum Cartoon
Welcome to the BUTTER RUM CARTOON. Click HERE for complete contents. Feel free to comment.

Search the Butter Rum Cartoon

Friday, August 14, 2026

THE POGO FAN CLUB AND FORT MUDGE MOST

       Well shoot!  I just got the info out of my file and wanted to join the Pogo Fan Club, and it turns out it ended in 2008, eighteen years ago, the same year my Butter Rum Cartoon blog began.  
       The Pogo Fan Club ran from 1988 to 2008, and in its twenty years published 95 issues of it's bi-monthly newsletter, the Fort Mudge Most.  I would have joined today, doggone it.
       Well, here's the information I received in the mail in 1993.
 



       I used to have a lot of POGO books including the first edition of the first one, POGO, and the Pogo Mobile that I had hanging from my ceiling for a long time, but stupidly sold them on eBay.  At least I still have these...




       In 1963, when I was 14, I wrote to Walt Kelly to tell him how much I liked his work, and to ask him why he hadn't put Pogo on TV, and here's his reply.  
 

        The book he sent me as a gift was Pogo Extra: "Jes' Fine" Says Bug, which was autographed.  I was dumb enough to sell it on eBay.
 

 
 I do wish I could join the Pogo Fan Club.
 I guess when you wait 33 years to respond to mail,
you can expect a disappointment. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to here from you.
No spam or links, please.